Sunday, October 24, 2010

Grace Grace God's Grace

Do you ever have those moments when you realize just how yucky of a person you are? I mean, if you've accepted Christ as your savior then you are an admitted sinner but geeeeeezzz some days its even more blatantly obvious. Today while driving back to school, Bradley and I stopped at Bojangles to grab some lunch. The drive-up window was backed all the way to the entrance of the parking lot. We decided to go in. The line was just as crazy long inside. We realized the people working still had not gotten the hang of what they were doing:) after waiting 20 minutes...we finally got our food. Backing out of my parking space was special...the line for the drive-up window was sooo long my car was blocked in. FINALLY we make it back to the highway. I take out my biscuit and it is wrong... that was it...i was done...the attitude came bursting out...the p word that rhymes with hissed made its way out of my mouth...Bradley sweetly offers me his food and i reject it! I'm so mad i could feel that lump in my throat like im about to cry...OVER FOOD. REALLY? i mean people are starving..and im missing cheese and you would think the world is ending. well...the Lord spoke to me on the ride on...i was reminded of his amazing love for me. I am such a selfish spoiled person but he still loved me to send his son to take the weight of my sin on his shoulders so that I could have a relationship with almighty God. WOW Is that not AWESOME!!! The whole world needs to hear this message...when was the last time you shared this good news with someone new?

2 comments:

  1. preach it, sis. so very true, cait! i've been thinking about this a lot lately in regards to my fears and worries. i worry and have fears and he STILL loves me even when I am not relying on Him like I should. Thank goodness for grace! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I wish I could have been there! ... I'm sure you can laugh at it now but at the time it did seem like a big deal. We all get caught up in ourselves and forget to stop and think about how fortunate we do have it. A car to get to Bojangles, money to ge tthe biscuit, heat/air conditioning, and a great man by your side :) hehe. Thanks for sharing Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete