Thursday, January 13, 2011

My babies...

I officially have 300 babies! Yup! and they are all about 13-14 years old! i call them my babies because i love them...i really do. yes they may test me...and push my patience...but i love them. I have truly been called to love these students. For those who don't know, I started out as a nursing major. I was totally set on being a nurse from the time I was in 8th grade. I knew I was going to help save lives. I "sort-of" chose UNCC because of their nursing school. April of my freshmen year I began to have middle school on the brain a lot. It was all I could think about. I would ponder my own middle school experience. Slowly the thought of teaching middle school students crept into my mind. I thought..no way!! I can't do that! I would have to speak in front of people! and get up early!! really early!! (not that nurses don't...i have no idea what i was thinking) During this same time, I was struggling with an illness called pacreatitis. The Lord was really causing me to evaluate my life and what I was doing. He was pretty dang clear:) I heard the calling and changed my major in about 3 weeks. I have never even looked back. I am so thankful that the Lord loves me enough to have a wonderful plan for me. I love my students and what I'm learning how to do. I also LOVE working in my inner city school. Working in these types of schools is the only thing in the world comparable to my passion for going overseas. I never thought I would love anything as much. I would still go at the drop of a hat to any place on this earth but I am thankful to have found satisfaction in the calling the Lord has given me in my home country. I am also thankful that I am marrying a man who spends time with the Lord and listens well to what the Lord says. Bradley has one more year of school and I am praying for a teaching job. CMS threatens cutting jobs all of the time but the Lord is bigger than the economy and I am asking you to pray for an opening this summer for what the Lord has specifically called me to do. I also ask you to pray for clarity over the next year about what the Lord would have us do when Bradley graduates:)

the science classroom! one of the walls is painted like an ocean. another one is painted like a jungle!
I made that word wall!-I am slowly learning the true effectiveness of them haha



1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you following God's leading in your life! You are going to be a FABULOUS teacher!!

    ReplyDelete