Sunday, September 2, 2012

Slovakia and Stuff

I never got to process our trip to Slovakia when I got home. My flare started the last day we were there and then knocked me off my feet for the next 3 weeks! Bradley's mom actually unpacked my suitcase for me. We LOVED our time in SK. We was great to see our dear friends and spend quality time with them. It was Bradley's first time to Europe and it's safe to say I have a husband who loves it just as much as me! We have a new Kofola lover on our hands! We love the people of Slovakia and can't wait to return. Here are a few pictures:



E and Auntie Cait
We reviewed human body vocab by building monsters!
I had the best translator ever!
We loved spending time with Zuzu and her family!
and of course, hanging out with this girl was a huge highlight! I miss you!
UC UPDATE:
The last time I blogged I was hanging out in the hospital. They sent me home on Wednesday but on Thursday my symptoms were back and just as bad. They decided to keep me at home as long as I could stay hydrated and I would be on 60mg of Prednisone (pretty high!) The next Monday things were still the same so my doctor decided it was time for the next step which is a medication called Remicade. I had to have some tests done and get it approved by my insurance. It cost about $5000 an infusion! Praise the Lord for insurance! I was approved quickly for it. I had my first infusion this past Monday ( 1 week after the doctor made the decision). I started feeling better the next day. Each day I feel a little bit better and I praise the Lord for it! There are risks with Remicade which is why they wait as long as they can but the Lord has clearly led me here and I trust that he will guide me through it and protect me. I have had many conversations with the Lord these past few weeks while laying in bed and sitting on the throne:) I can't wait to share what he has shown me. It's truly incredible. Remicade is only given by IV infusion and as often as every few weeks or so. Hopefully I will get to a point where it will be every 2 months. However, this is probably something I will be doing for the rest of my life. That was hard to swallow at first but the Lord led me here. So I am just sitting back and waiting on him. Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. glad you had a great trip to SK... and thanks for the update. Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete