Monday, December 31, 2012

When He Calls...

He will equip.

Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with all kinds of skills-to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts. Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given ability to all the skilled workers to make everything I have commanded you..."
Exodus 31:1-6

While reading through the instructions that God had for Moses to build the tabernacle, I felt overwhelmed. There were so many DETAILED instructions. Surely there were mistakes! I mean, they were normal people, not artists. Then I came to Exodus 31 and it all made sense. They didn't have to do it on their own. The Lord appointed specific people and gave them specific skills. When the Lord calls us and gives us instructions, he doesn't leave us on our own. He will provide us with the skills needed. Moses did not have the skills to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, but the Lord called him. He equipped him. Our God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment