Sunday, March 28, 2010

Leadership 2010

This weekend our leadership tream went to Ridgecrest Conference Center in Black Mountain. It was a fun weekend but VERY tiring. We got a lot planned for the fall after SEVERAL hours of meeting. Last night we went to the Early Girl Eatery in downtown Asheville..very yummy! I had to parallel park in d-town Asheville and it took me 15 mins!! (never have to do that anywhere) It was incredibly embarrassing! I also embarrassed myself later when I saw Clayton King walking through the conference center. I was so overcome with excitement that I shouted his name out across the hall and freaked out all of my friends! He did come over and speak to us though! He said he would love to speak at UNCC sometime! We will definitely be inviting him:) This weekend our emcees started off each session with a What's Hot and What's Not segment. The first one they did was about leading worship. They would go tell worship leaders what was good to do and what was bad to do. At first they were saying things like, using brevity when speaking. Then they talked about picking songs that are up-to-date. We thought they were going to play a serious video about this last point and they played this:

(please click and watch!!) This is what is NOT hot:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8

2 comments:

  1. Uhhh...welcome to 2010, we've been watching that video upstairs at TWT for the last month ;) haha! And WAY TO GO on embarrassing yourself, ha! I totally see you doing that. It's definitely something I would do too :) Love you, cait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I was going to say the same thing. It took me 3 weeks to get that stinkin song out of my head, but now it is back in!! Too funny =)

    ReplyDelete