Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Freedom!!

I am really experiencing the freedom that is in Christ on this trip. Since I became a believer I have known that I was set free from the bondage of sin and death but never fully felt and enjoyed the true freedom that I have in that. I said in my last post that I can be a worrier and try to control certain areas of my life. Galatians 5:1 says, "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." How exciting! One of the tings I have been learning is how to know what comes from the Lord and what comes from the enemy. This has helped me tremendously in the area of worry.
The Lord brings:
Abundant life
Conviction
Repentance
Truth
Freedom
Worship and praise

The enemy brings:
Condemnation
Shame
FEAR
Sadness
Despair
Bondage
Lies

When I get to a situation where I'm worrying or obsessing over something I now sit and ask...does worry and fear come from the Lord? Does the shame I feel over a past sin come from God? NO it doesn't:) its important to recognize the enemy! Sorry this post was all over the place but just wanted to share!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I struggle with this a lot, so this was definitely encouraging to read. So glad to see how God is working through your trip. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete