Sunday, June 13, 2010

A spankin' from the Lord:)

Yes a spankin'...well kinda...I have just entered, as of 22 minutes ago, the 5th week on project! I can't believe it! I get asked a lot what the Lord has taught me. Honestly it would be impossible to say everything I've learned...its so much! But I can tell you I've grown in areas that I was not expecting. I expected to grow in the are of sharing my faith, which I have, but I don't believe that was the main thing the Lord was trying to show me. I am very comfortable with talking about the Gospel with Italians and its crazy to think a year ago I would have been really nervous. The biggest thing I've learned is letting go of many things in my life and giving control over them to the Lord. I have always been a worrier and it took me coming across the ocean to Italy for me to finally learn how to give Him control. What a peace it brings! Its incredible. I share with people that the first two weeks of project were a spankin' from God:) it was rough letting go but I'm so glad and thankful for His hand in my life. Hebrews 12 says that if the Lord didn't discipline his children, you would not be his child. I am loved! There were many tears shed the first two weeks but I am soooo amazed at the Lord. He is worthy of praise! Some of my favorite verses from Hebrews 12 are:
Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
12:1-2
Wow!! Gives me chills!!

Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.
12:12-13
I love how he is making what is lame holy!!! I love this stuff!! Also, Hebrews 11 says that having faith pleases the Lord. I'm so grateful for the testing of my faith during my weeks in Italy:)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Caitlin! It is hard to believe you are entering your 5th week- time has gone fast! We are praying for you! Can't wait to hear everything and see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete