Sunday, May 23, 2010

funnies

What I've decided to do with the scary/embarrassing things in this culture is just to laugh. For instance, Italian men are very forward. It doesn't matter how bad you think you look...they WILL comment. Yesterday my friend Aprill and I walked to the internet cafe. One man looked me in the eye and said ooooooh myyyy gaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Very good!! As creepy as that was, I laughed so hard...his accent in the gah part was hilarious! Now, anyone who has traveled to Europe understands that the buses can be ridiculously packed. I experienced this some in SK but not to the extent I have here. Today my friend and I were riding the bus back from lunch. There were seriously close to 75 people on board and the bus driver was breaking unusually hard and fast and making sharp turns. I was holding on to the bar above my head when he made a sharp turn. I was standing right at the door and almost lost my life!! Haha my feet literally left the ground as I held on for dear life with one arm! Aprill and I died laughing which is another cultural no no :)
It was great fun! Laughter is great!

3 comments:

  1. Keep laughing! A happy heart makes the face cheerful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All along I've been warning you about human trafficing when I should have been worried about you falling out of a bus! Be safe! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yea..there is more of a chance of me falling out of a bus or getting hit by a mo-ped:)

    ReplyDelete